Sunday 26 July 2009

One day in Paris, favorite places

A number of slowmoves posts mention passing through Paris, mainly from London on the way to somewhere else in Europe. Of course slowmoves means making the most of the places or are on route. There's a fun article we found about one day in Paris, it might give you some ideas if you are looking to spend a bit of time in Paris before heading on.

Aside, I highlight a couple of personal favourite things in Paris (without detailing the number one and known Musee D'Orsay):
  • Lots of tourists swarm the island in Paris, home of Notre Dame Cathedral. But far too many overlook its adorable little sister, the quaint Ile Saint Louis just a few steps away. Read more
  • Pass through the hidden doors of the La Mosquee Hammam and the culture and heritage
    of the Byzantine era presents itself.
    Read more
If you have any favorite things to do for a day or night in Paris, we would be delighted to hear from you.

[George]

Picture from: http://cache.virtualtourist.com/4393277-Ile_Saint_Louis-Paris.jpg

5 comments:

  1. If I had a day in Paris, I would rent a Velib bike (Paris' amazing public bike scheme)and cycle along the Seine to soak in the views of Paris architecture. Then I'd stop off at the Pompidou Centre and check out the latest exhibitions. I'd then stroll over to the Marais quarter and have some lunch/tea in one of the marvelously boho chic cafes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi - great idea for a blog, and great concept. I'll add you to my favourites!

    Favourite things to do in Paris? Well, where could I start - there are so many! I'll give a quick top three which can easily be done the same afternoon (you can even add La Mosquee as a number 4 at the end!)

    1. Pavillon de l'Arsenal: free centre concentrating on architecture and urbanism.

    2. 9th floor of the Insitut du Monde Arabe: Fantastic views.

    3. Le Jardin des Plantes: History, greenery, calm...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the post. I'm planning to go next year to Paris thorough last minute travel for a week. I heard a lot about Notre Dame Cathedral, I want to see everything by myself. Of course, by the way, it will be very interesting to see all the other places are written here and in the comments.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you wrote in your article some original places to go and see in Paris. I bought a travel book for my trip to France next month and everything there looks pretty mundane. Thanks for your insights.

    ReplyDelete